Instruction for Registration
- Booking for Accommodation
The participants will be registered by using online registration system. Only fully completed registration forms will be accepted. Participants will receive an automatic confirmation of the registration details. If you do not receive a reply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the registration system you can register and pay conference fees book for accommodation and participation for pre and post conference trips. Participants can access online registration page through http://www.icaz2018ankara.com/registration/Registration.aspx.
The invoice for all services (registration, accommodation and trips) provided will be given during the conference. Please do not forget to take your invoice before leaving conference.
Please note that early registration discount fee is available when payment in full is received by the specified deadline. If the full payment has not been received before the deadline indicated, the registration will remain valid, however the due fee will be increased to the late regstration fee.
The Organizing Committee has pre-booked dormitories and a guest house located inside the campus of Middle East Technical University. You can book single or double rooms through the registration page. Please note that booking is per beds, not per room. If you are booking a twin room for full occupancy (2 people) you need to write “2” in the form.
If you are booking 1 bed in a twin room, the other bed will be available for anybody to book it. If you intend to stay with a friend you may either arrange for one of you to make the booking and paying for two beds or each of you may book and pay separately. In either case, please do not forget to write this in the notes section of the form includng clearly the name of the person you are staying with.
ICAZ 2018 online registration system allows booking accommodation as follows:
- Konukevi 1 & 2 (KE) - dormitory
- ODTÜ Geliştirme Vakfı (OGV) - dormitory
- Aysel Sabuncu Yaşam Merkezi (ASYM)- guesthouse
Please note that twin rooms with bathroom at Konukevi 1 and 2 are of different sizes and facilities. When you book at Konukevi, a twin room will be randomly allocated to you.
If demand exceeds the rooms available currently, the organisers may be able to offer more rooms of different type than the ones descirbed above.
Up-to-date details for the trips can be found at http://www.icaz2018ankara.com/venue-trips.html.
All bookings must be made prior to conference and paid in full to guarantee registration. Once payment has been received, an email confirmation will be sent.
Online payments via credit card for ICAZ 2018 Ankara is possible through registration page.
We are using a 3D security system for payments with credits cards. If your country does not use this system, please prefer the bank transfer. For some countries, Visa may block the credit card payments. You should contact your local bank and Visa office in your country. You can ask assistance from System Administrator (email@example.com) if your credit card payment attempt was failed.
When you are prompted to enter your VAT and Tax office information, do so if you need these to appear in your receipt. If not, please, write N/A
Wire transfer is also possible to the following bank accounts. Payments can done be in EURO or Turkish Lira (TRY).
|Account Owner||Currency||Bank||Bank Branch||IBAN||SWIFT Code|
|Melek Er||Euro||Türk Ekonomi Bankası - TEB||Yıldız Branch||TR910003200000000050500363||TEBUTRIS|
|Melek Er||Turkish Lira||Türk Ekonomi Bankası - TEB||Yıldız Branch||TR240003200016300000076953||-|
For wire transfer, you use the contact information below:
Beneficiary/Account Owner: Melek Er
Company Name: Melek Er
Address: İvedik OSB 1469. Cadde No: 146 Yenimahalle Ankara – Turkey
Vat No: 8390270406
Tax Office: Ulus Vergi Dairesi
Explaination for transfer: Please write here ICAZ conference payment id and your name
Note: Please write only "Melek Er" to beneficiary/account owner name during transfer orders. Please DO NOT WRITE "ICAZ 2018" or "Middle East Technical University". This statements block the transfer.
Delegates must state the payment reference number (found in the email generated by the registration system) when sending the wire transfer in order for the payment to be credited properly.
An email providing details of the wire transfer should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your payment reference number, wire transfer amount, name, organisation and contact details (postal and e-mail address, telephone, and fax numbers). Please note that all transfer charges must be met by the sender.
A registered person may cancel participation without giving any reasons for the cancellation. The cancellation of the participation must be sent in the form of a scanned copy of a declaration signed by the Participant to the email address (email@example.com). The cancellation email should be sent from the e-mail address provided during the registration process. Refunds will not be given to delegates who do not attend without cancelling in advance (no shows).
Cancelation refund policy:
- Before 15th July, 2018, Full refund minus a € 30 administration fee will be issued.
- After 15h July: No refund will be possible.
Registered participant who has been unexpectingly unable to attend the conference can transfer his/her rights of attendance to the conference, accommodation and trips to another participant by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the refunds via wire transfer or credit card, bank administrative charges/commissions will not be included in refunded sum. The appropriate refunds will be made after the conference. Exchange rates differences and bank charges will be deducted. The refund process may take up to 2 months from the conference closing date to complete.
Instruction for Presenters
Delegates who wish to submit a paper or poster presentation should apply through the website directly to sessions most closely matching the content of their presentation.
Each delegate should submit no more than 2 papers/posters with his/her name as first author. Co-authors in papers reserve their right to submit themselves other papers (also up to 2) with their name as first author.
If no session matches their paper/poster content, they can submit to the “general session”.
Submission should include title, abstract of 200-250 words and 3-5 keywords.
Papers and posters are evaluated by each session organiser/s. Papers/posters submitted to the “general session” are evaluated by the Scientific Committee of the conference.
The same paper/poster cannot be submitted to more than one session. Nevertheless, papers/posters rejected by individual sessions can be re-submitted to the “general session” after sessions’ participants are announced at the website.
In order to be able to submit a paper or poster delegates need to create an account in the conference website. Creating an account does not incur any fees. Fees will be paid by the participants who will come to Ankara to present their papers/posters. Co-authors who will not come to Ankara do not have to pay fees.
Please write us about your questions about submission proposals email@example.com
To see a list of sessions, select "Sessions" on the left side of this page.
To submit a paper, select the session desired, click on "Details" (were you will find the session abstract) and then click on "Submit an abstract". You will then be prompted to log in (if you have not already done so) or to create an account in order to be able to log in. Once you log in you will be directed to the "Create Presentation" form."
By 15th April 2017: it will be the responsibility of the session organizers to sort out speakers’ abstracts, scheduling, etc. and to provide the ICAZ 2018 Organizing Committee with a "session pack".
This must include:
- Name and contact details of session organizer/s
- Name and contact details of proposed chair/s
- Name and contact details for each paper/poster contributor/s (Indicate the primary author)
- If there are Keynote speaker and/or Discussant their names and contact details
- 3 - 5 keywords
- Full title of submission
- Abstract (up to 250 words excluding title, authors, and references)
- A session program which lists the order of presentations
Contact details includes: Institutional affiliation, email address
Apart from the sessions proposed as above, there will be room for individual papers/posters which will be included under the “general session” heading. To apply for this please look at the instructions for paper/poster presentations.
- Paper titles and abstracts will be in the language used to deliver the paper.
- Each speaker will have a 20-minute slot (15 minutes for the paper and 5 minutes for questions). Session organizers are encouraged to allocate time for discussion at the end of a session.
- The session organizers will encourage speakers to provide visual aids (PowerPoint) for their presentations that can be easily read and understood, even from some distance. The use of long tables and complex diagrams is discouraged.
- It is essential for the session organizer to keep in regular contact with the participants in the session.
- To enable switching between sessions, all sessions will start and finish at the same time. Therefore, papers must always occur as scheduled. If a scheduled speaker do not turn up, there will be a 20-minute break.
- All sessions will be organized in two-hour blocks, with five speakers per block. Consequently, sessions could be formatted for: one quarter of a day (two hours), half a day (four hours + a coffee break), three quarters of a day (half a day + coffee break + two hours), a full day (two half days + two coffee breaks). Proposals for sessions of half a day are encouraged, whereas session proposals with more than 20 presentations will be discouraged or split into several different sessions.
- Sessions are encouraged to include a 10-minute or 20-minute (depending on either 2-hour or 4+-hour sessions, respectively) keynote speech at the beginning and a 10-minute or 20-minute period for a discussion at the end. This discussion can be introduced with a short presentation by the organizer(s) of the session or by an invited discussant. If so, the discussant should be instructed to provide a general comment on the session and the papers presented, rather than an independent extra paper. It is, therefore, essential that the discussant attend the whole session. We do not think it is necessary for the discussant to have to read written versions of the papers beforehand, but we expect him or her to be provided with a full list of abstracts as soon as the session is finalized.
- The number of papers given by a single individual in the same session will be limited to one (this includes introductory or discussant papers). If at least one of the papers is co-authored, this limit can be increased to two.
- If you need any help or a letter of support, etc. from the Organizing Committee and/or the ICAZ Executive Committee, don't hesitate to ask. If you have any problems or questions, please, do get in touch preferably by email at submissions@icaz2018ankara
Instruction for Participants
Please write us about your questions about submission proposals firstname.lastname@example.org